QiO is an Industry 4.0 technology company built by industrial engineers to harness data for better business performance and accelerate progress towards a zero carboneconomy.
Since 2015, our Foresight Sustainability Suite of products have helped industrial clients make step changes in asset efficiency, maintenance and reliability, resulting in carbon footprint reduction.
Recognised in Gartner’s lloT Magic Quadrant report, the Foresight Sustainability Suite combines our proprietary out-of-the-box industry-specific blueprints and automated machine learning algorithms for rapid deployment to multiple plants and asset types at speed.
QiO Technologies is looking for a Data Scientist who is focused and passionate about building large-scale systems that take the best of open-source technologies but providing world-class security. You understand that scale is not thousands of active points but tens of millions.
Being an integral part of a product development team is important to you. You realise the benefit and significance of investing time in sharing knowledge within the team, knowing that teamwork is the driver to your success at QiO.
You want to work with some of the most talented people from around the world in a company focused on liberating engineers and unleashing their talent.
This role is specific to Pune, Maharashtra, India. Therefore we would ideally like to see candidates from Pune and commutable areas.
Unfortunately, we are not able to support relocations or visa sponsorship.
Requirements & Competencies
We want candidates who love data science and are excited about what they do.
If you excel in any of these areas, let us know!
- Ability to write sophisticated machine learning and data analysis code in Python.
- Strong mathematical foundations.
- Practical experience in machine learning.
- Practical experience with modern data analysis frameworks, e.g. Spark, Kafka is a plus.
- Practical knowledge of agile software engineering and object-oriented software development.
- Teamwork and communication skills.
- Independent and proactive working style.
- Work experience with industrial clients, oil & gas, marine, aerospace and manufacturing is beneficial.
- Applied Machine Learning experience (regression and classification, supervised, and unsupervised learning).
- Strong mathematical background (linear algebra, calculus, probability and statistics).
- Strong Python programming skills
- Experience with scalable ML (streaming).
- Ability to drive a project and work both independently and in a team.
- MS or PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Statistics, or equivalent fields
COVID & Hiring
As we navigate through this pandemic, we want to reassure you that keeping candidates and our employees safe is of paramount importance to us. That’s why the entire recruitment process will take place remotely, using phone, video calls and face to face meetings as appropriate.
For successful candidates, we always ensure a safe, engaging and (for the time being) remote onboarding experience.
We know that diverse teams are strong teams and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to join our team.