QiO Technologies is a Gartner Magic Quadrant Industrial IoT AI Analytics company delivering Industry 4.0 software solutions for the industrial sector – specifically Manufacturing, Utilities and Healthcare.
- Developed and delivers augmented AI applications to accelerate digital transformation, revenue growth and sustainability for the global industrial sector.
- Invested over 100+ person years in building, world leading AI driven, Industrial IoT suite of augmented analytics applications.
- A strong founder and management team with deep experience and expertise in IoT, Industrial and software sectors.
- Operations across Europe, USA, and India.
The QiO Foresight Suite® of products delivers augmented analytics support to the engineers/operators with actionable insights recommendations to senior management, making a measurable difference to operational and financial performance.
- Foresight Sustainability®: Reduces energy costs and carbon footprint, optimises renewable energy consumption, avoids tariff increases, allows plant managers to optimise production, quality, costs and energy without compromising safety.
- Foresight Maintenance®: Creates Digital Health Records for assets to reduce maintenance costs, optimise uptime of critical equipment, increase asset reliability and capacity utilisation and safety management, and automate maintenance processes.
- Foresight Service®: Delivers seamless customer service support, delivering prescriptive and predictive service requirements, streamlining warranty management, reducing total cost of service while accelerating timeline and access to information for service engineers.
QiO Technologies is looking for an ambitious Head of Backend Development, who has extensive backend and software engineering experience in the IoT, Industrial and software sectors.
As the Head of Backend development, your role will be to:
- Work with product management to provide technical direction for the organization as a whole.
- Lead product strategy discussions with senior management and regularly advise senior management on technical aspects.
- Lead Backend Team to develop current and future state architectures that advance customer experience and organizational excellence.
- Understands information requirements by studying organization mission, goals, and business drivers, conferring with executives.
- Provide architectural guidance to support Agile/DevSecOps software development solutions, modern architectures, system integrations.
- Java Enterprise software development, using spring-boot framework, Microservices, cloud based and big data architectures.
- Create quality code, in a focused and clean manner, without cutting corners to get the job done whilst looking ahead at the bigger picture.
- Involvement and collaboration with customers, such as attending meetings to discuss progress during production cycle.
- Ensure a high-quality product is delivered on time and in scope.
This role is specific to Pune, Maharashtra, India. We would therefore ideally like to see candidates from Pune and commutable areas.
Unfortunately, we are not able to support relations or visa sponsorship.
Requirements & Competencies
- Designing knowledge:
- UML, design patterns, data architecture, application architecture, network/deployment architecture.
- Opensource Technologies:
- Nifi, Kafka, Cassendra, Mongodb, Postgres, Kubeflow.
- Java 8 and above.
- Cloud – AWS, Azure, GCP.
- Kubernetes/Helm Charts.
- Data Science will be added advantage.
- Good Communication skills.
- Lead client conversation.
- Initiative and accountability.
- Collaboration and communication.
- Customer focus to appreciate the requirements of Industrial Engineering.
- Team Leader.
- Lead by example.
- Problem solver.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Management
- Certification in Java will be an added advantage.
To apply for this role, please email your application, including a cover letter and CV, to email@example.com.
COVID and Hiring
As we navigate through this pandemic, we want to reassure you that keeping candidates and our employees safe is of paramount importance to us. That’s why the entire recruitment process will take place remotely, using phone and video calls (usually zoom).
For successful candidates who end up being hired, we always ensure a safe, engaging and (for the time being) remote onboarding experience.
We know that diverse teams are strong teams and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to join our team.